Southview Chiropractic name Southview Chiropractic name
Home Chiropractic Contact Us

Testimonials - Cats


Husky and I met Dr. Lori Batch face to face. I was pleased that she had taken time to examine the xrays to get a better look from her perspective. I found that her passion and knowledge in her practice was amazing. From the moment I took Husky out of his carrier he was happy, purring and was very cooperative through the assessment. Dr. Batch noticed that his spine was not aligned near his tailbone, a potential reason for his problems. I then followed Dr. Lori Batch's treatment schedule, while keeping Husky on the main floor away from stairs. Husky continued to be a very good patient. After each visit Husky was heading towards recovery. It still amazes me to this day how wonderful the treatments were for him.

It has been 4 months since Husky had his last visit and he is even more active now than he was before he was in pain. I will be taking Husky again to visit Dr. Lori Batch to follow up and because I know Husky misses her.

Sandra C.

Little Frankie & Donna

For years I would come home from work at noon to walk my dogs. My cat Frankie would always be sitting on the front stoop to greet me. One day I came home, but no Frankie.

Frankie had always been somewhat of a 'different' cat. She lived on the kitchen counter most of the time, drinking from the tap and helping with meals. She had her favourite sleeping mat and spent most of her time resting there. Frankie always hated the basement, but we had to keep the litter boxes there because of the layout of the house. Frankie refused to go to the basement on her own so we had established a special routine. She would let me know when she needed to go downstairs. I would carry her to the basement, wait for her, then carry her back upstairs.

The day I came home but didn't see Frankie on the stoop, I started looking for her but she was nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere and eventually went to the basement where I found Frankie hiding under a table. I carried her upstairs, but she turned around and raced back to the basement. This happened several times and each time I brought her upstairs, she would return to the basement. Eventually Frankie stopped eating and drinking so I set her up in a spare room with a big dog bed, litter, food, and water. She seemed to be in a lot of pain. I took her to my veterinarian who examined her and did a variety of tests but everything came back normal. Frankie remained in a lot of pain but we didn't know why. We started her on pain medication with some improvement. Eventually Frankie started eating and drinking again but still would not leave her big bed. I had to help her in and out of the litter box because she was in so much pain.

My vet referred Frankie to a specialist who did a variety of additional tests, including joint taps. Several specialists examined Frankie but no one could come up with any answers for Frankie's problems or offer any treatments that would help. Frankie and I went home with more pain medication. Several weeks went by with no change. I felt so bad for Frankie. My options were running out and I could not leave her like this, but I did not like the option that was left. I was so sad.

I decided to take Frankie to see a trusted surgeon who had done surgery on three of my dogs. As she examined Frankie's back I heard her quietly say, "oh, you seem out of alignment." I thought to myself, she is going to suggest a chiropractor. She left the room with Frankie and when she returned she told me this was not a surgery issue. She smiled and said, "I know you are open-minded." "Here it comes!" I thought to myself. She suggested a chiropractor for Frankie.

I started my internet search and found Southview Chiropractic & Wellness Centre. They saw dogs and cats, and even horses, and were close to home. I looked at their web page, liked what I saw, and was anxious for Frankie to meet Dr. Batch. I called and made an appointment for the next day!! I had high hopes that chiropractic was what Frankie needed.

Dr. Batch examined Frankie, reviewed her x-rays and read the veterinarian's and specialists' reports. She explained the treatment that she would do with Frankie. She took the time to show me a model of a spine so I could understand what was going on with Frankie. I was worried that Frankie would not be cooperative, but Frankie loved Dr. Batch. She quietly let Dr. Batch do her treatment. Dr. Batch was so gentle and took her time. Frankie would look up at her as if to say, "Thank you, finally someone is helping me." I wanted to cry.

Later in the day after Frankie's first treatment, I visited Frankie in her room at home. Expecting her to be lying on her big dog bed, I was shocked to find her at the door sitting looking at me. She walked around for a bit and then went back to rest in her bed. After each visit with Dr. Batch I saw more of the" Frankie" I knew. After 2 weeks of treatments, Frankie vocalized that she had enough of being locked away in her room and wanted out! So I opened the door expecting her to race to the basement. Instead she meandered to the kitchen and jumped up on the counter, then walked over to the tap for a drink. Since that day we have never looked back. She takes herself down to the litter box and then comes back to the kitchen all on her own, a bonus for me. We continue to see Dr. Batch on a monthly basis to maintain Frankie's health.

For myself, I have suffered from fibromyalgia, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis for years. I work full time and long hours. By the time weekends rolled around I would crash. I never had enough energy to do simple tasks like housework and gardening, and I was always in constant pain. Gardening is the greatest pleasure I have. Not being able to take care of my garden was so frustrating. I was always behind the eight ball with housework and life in general. I was on several medications to help me sleep and get through the day. As I watched Dr. Batch working on Frankie one day I told her about my health issues. We decided to start a treatment program for me, and my response was even better and quicker than Frankie's. Within a few weeks of starting chiropractic care I started to decrease some of my medications. After a few months I was off all my medications, and now eight months after starting chiropractic care I am still off all the medications that I had been taking for years.

I sleep better and I have more energy than I know what to do with. And best of all, I am pain free. My family cannot believe this is the same girl. My husband wants to know where the "off button" is. I accomplish everything I plan to do every day. All I can say is "wow" and thank you Dr. Batch. I love my sessions with Dr. Batch. She is so caring and always tries to accommodate my appointments with my busy schedule. Frankie and I are thankful to Dr. Batch for giving us both a better quality of life.

Little Frankie & Donna